Sunday, January 27, 2008

an overactive mind leads to overlycomplicated situation

I seriously love sundays. :) even though my wonderful break from work is ending. Monday is almost here.......
Today was especially fun for me. My friend Hollie came to church with me, i now know I really like not going to church alone, the forever-neverending drive to lindale doesn't seem sooo bad if i have someone to talk too.
Memo to self-find a way to not have to commute alone so much.
Soooo of course worship and the service were amazing, then we had a quick lunch and off to the Volunteer Summit, which was quite fun since I got to hang out with "the most awesome Robyn", Shawn, & Hollie for a while-then since I dont technically belong anywhere with the volunteer thing i just decided to be a support fake volunteer and crash the worship teams break out session (hello-im the worship leaders daughter so i can roll like that.) It was very informative and if I ever wake up with an amazing singing voice-or even just find a way to carry a tune, I will definitely want to be on the worship team. LOL but since that wont happen i will just stick to my backstage bossiness that I do so well. ;) (speaking of that----Be ready for The Passion Play-coming soon!!!)

One thing that I keep getting from all of the talks was from Micah 6:8

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

HELLOOO I mean how much more simple can you get???

(Another translation of the Bible (The Message) says:
"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously— take God seriously.")

Anyways my thoughts on this: Why stress about all the stuff in life that isn't in your control-and what really is actually in our control?
He gives us the answers-Be fair, just, loyal, compassionate, take Him seriously. Live in a way to bring glory to Him. Find your joy in Him. Give Him your love, worship, time. He will take care of you.

Last note: I have finally admitted to myself that I really can't read people quite as well as I always thought I could. Major bummer...

okkkaayyy much love to everyone reading this-its great to know people are out there-comment away....

peace out.

No comments:

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.