Monday, January 28, 2008

i thank the Lord that falling is full of grace

It entertains me, well no entertain isn't the word, more like it semi-irks me when people, mostly random acquaintances a lot of time, decide to "give me advice". Advice I didn't ask for, of course--Cause I like advice that is asked for.well usually-sometimes..... It ranges from little mundane things-comments about my hair etc-to the way over the top-why am i not married yet???
Do people really think they know better than God? Well truthfully I don't think that they really believe that they know better than God, but I guess they don't think first. HAAA (Hello i know I do not always think thru the advice I pop off to people.)
Okay honestly I totally had a blog all typed up and ready to go then I re-read it and decided it wasn't something I should post. Sometimes brutal honesty, while honest and very true, isn't something you should share with the whole bloggin' world. My pet peeves/irks, if shared, would prolly cause more problems than solutions. So instead I erased my lil soap box piece and decided to just say one thing.
I am a pretty self aware person, much more so than most people probably realize. I know I have quirks, issues, and faults just like everyone else, and yes most of my quirks are strange funny bizarre quirks, but that is what makes me Keri. I work on a daily basis to try to stay in a place where I am willing and able to listen to what God is sharing with me about who I am in Him. We are all works in progress. So who am I to tell Him what to do with His plans, they are perfect because their Author is the definition of perfection so how can my sinful selfish person tell the most high God anything. And many times I know He sends people into my life to help guide, steer, and advise me, but I also know that whatever is told to me in that manner will be from Him and not a soap box. Next time I am asked for advice, I need to remember to stop and be sure I can give it from a place where God is in the center, not my own biased opinion.
So besides that, i figured out today that I will be driving to Lindale 5 of the next 7 days this coming week. So funny that I spent so much time in Tyler that I move here and then suddenly start needing to be in Lindale all the time. HAA love the irony. I see a suitcase and the couch at the HAWL house in my not too distant future.
Also I am at roughly 144 hours Dr Pepper less... LOL at this point the headaches have stopped, woo, but I am scared to even be near one for fear of a random fit of uncontrollable craving hit me and i take out an innocent bystander for a sip of the carbonated syrup. but Good news-who knew water could be sooo filling and wonderful (that was total sarcasm).. Gag me. oh well it's for the best.. (DP-less leads to LA)
Okay its been a long Monday and I am ready for my sleep now.
So much love and thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world-comment away...

"From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth- he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you." Psalms 33:13-15,20-22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.