Tuesday, January 22, 2008

i believe in the sun even when its not shining

Lately I have felt like I am in a pressure cooker, life stresses were just overwhelming me. I have talked before about my panic attacks and anxiety issues, and finally I feel like I have found a way to live my life without them interfering constantly. However that hasn't stopped the stress from piling on from different places. A few weeks back I asked some close friends to just pray over me during all this drama and I received some amazing responses from them. I thought I would share one in particular because it totally encompasses what I needed to remember.

“Nothing is going to thwart His plans one single bit! He is orchestrating things from Heaven so that you know Him better, trust Him more, and depend on Him more. These little snags in that journey are designed just for you - so that you can grow in your faith as you see that you can totally trust in God! DO NOT FEAR! Choose at this stage - when things seem to be getting crazy - to TRUST at a new level - cast all your fears, concerns, plans, etc., on God and just watch to see how He is going to work it all out!”

I have figured out I have too many things in my life I use as distractions from keeping my true focus on Him and living His purpose. He has begun showing me new paths where I can be useful and I am really excited to see what is in store for the future. Right now I am doing a bit of "spring cleaning" and throwing out some old baggage, stuff, and wasted time to get my mindset back in the right place so that I can reflect His Glory. Please keep me in your prayers as I seek His guidance and purpose for my life!

Psalms 38:4,9-10,21-22
My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear... All my longings lie open before you, O Lord, my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me, even the light has gone from my eyes....O Lord do not forsake me, be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.

Psalms 28:6-9
Praise be to the Lord for He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. The Lord is the strength of His people, a fortress of salvation for His anointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance, be their shepherd and carry them forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read your blog. This is so you and I have contributed to your joy. haha we have amazing children! I love you!
Mom

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.