Thursday, December 20, 2007

i feel like they were written just for me

I had never sat down and really thought about this until a few months ago when I was looking for inspiration. I tend to do that when I'm bored or feeling at loose ends. I decided I need inspiration and go about a hunt for something to think about or to figure out and then I write it down somewhere so I will be able to look back at it later. So I really thought about what comes to mind when I am stressing or upset or need God's guidance in a situation, what verses have I memorized and stored away to help me?

1- James 1:2-4. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
((I actually have the first part of this verse written in its original text and I carry it with me everywhere to keep in fresh in my mind.))

2-Phillipians 4:12-13. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
((Whenever I am really super nervous about something, having a panic attacks, or just having a rough day. I say this over and over in my head as a calming mechanism. Its amazing how calming it is!!))

No comments:

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.