Thursday, February 7, 2008

seriously im being serious

first thought-not a serious thought-i wish i had a way cool accent like british or something fun. instead of my amusing texas twang... o well...
second thought-the serious thought-
(yes there are run on sentences-lol-i didnt mess with editing.)
I never realized until now that I wish I had had someone in my life when I was a teenager and young adult who had wanted to spend the time and pour into my life in such a way to help guide and influence me in a good way rather than letting friends guide me so much. I think that because of the experiences I had as a teenager and the feeling of no one to relate to me and thinking no one cared, whether thru youth pastors not engaging us on a heart level, rebellious spirits wanting to argue with parents, or no ready and available or willing mentors-But with those issues and remembering the place I was in and the guidance I wanted-even craved-from someone who I thought could and would relate to me and someone who I knew I could trust and would love me if I asked the tough questions or even I tripped up and made mistakes. Now that I have someone pouring into my life (actually multiple people) I know that I can turn somewhere and get Godly advice and have that connection where I know someone cares and someone wants me to go the right way and it gives you a better sense of how to trust God on a deeper level, because He has gave me a sounding board and you know that He cannot let you down-unconditional love has NO conditions.. No matter what things come to trip me up, I know that there is a purpose to me having the experiences I had, because I can turn around and use these things to be relatable to other girls going thru the same thing. He uses all things to make us run to Him.

I have a purpose and there is a purpose to His works; He presses us to change us, not just alter our behavior but change us at our very heart. Not in wrath but in mercy, He presses us to the deepest darkest place not in anger but in love. When everything is taken away and He is all we have, we realize He is all we need.

Check out Psalm 138 and 139

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur AMAZING!

i LOOOOVE reading these!

well i just wanted to let you know that i have learned SOOOO much from you. you have used God to guide me through some tough stuff and i thank you so much for that!

YOUR AWESOME!!

=]

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.